- Label Text
- In 1947 while on assignment for LIFE magazine, Eliot Elisofon photographed an older man along the road from Tanzania to Kenya. The man wore western clothes but with this Maasai earring.
- Earring composed of two cones of reddish copper alloy connected by a wrapped U shape.
- Eliot Elisofon, New York, collected on road from Tanzania to Kenya, 1947 to 1973
- Data Source
- National Museum of African Art
- Maasai artist
- Early to mid-20th century
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Eliot Elisofon
- Copper alloy
- H x W x D: 4.0 x 1.3 x 2.3 cm (1 9/16 x 1/2 x 7/8 in.)