- A pair of custom-made lavender heeled ankle boots worn by Prince for numerous occassions with a matching ensemble 2020.27.3.1-.2.
- The boot uppers and heels are covered in lavender satin. A gold colored metal zipper on the outer side of each boot has Prince's "Love Symbol" as the zipper pull. The boots are rounded at the toes. The interiors are lined in grey leather and navy, red, and white labels on the interior soles read: [ANDRE #1 / MADE IN L.A. U.S.A.] in white embroidery. The soles are composed of rubber and leather, with a grid-like textured rubber on the heel with repeated raised letters ready [TOPY]. There is a metal reinforcement on the bottom of each boot, between the sole and the heel. A purple sock was found inside each boot.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Andre Rostomyan
- Worn by
- Prince, American, 1958 - 2016
- Subject of
- Topy Elysee, French
- 1993 - 2000
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- satin, leather, rubber, metal, and thread
- H x W x D (a. left boot): 5 3/4 × 3 1/4 × 8 1/4 in. (14.6 × 8.3 × 21 cm)
- H x W x D (b. right boot): 5 3/4 × 3 1/4 × 8 1/4 in. (14.6 × 8.3 × 21 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.