UAW supports jobs
- A black and white image of people in water.
- On Solidarity Day at Resurrection City, a crowd is in the Reflecting Pool with their clothes on. In the foreground on the proper left side there is a woman in a black and white pinstripe collared tank top with matching pants. She is holding sunglasses in her right hand. There is a little boy standing next to her. He is turned to the proper left side and he is wearing a dark shirt with a white sleeve stripe and plaid pants. He is holding a sign with a wooden handle in his right hand. The sign is white with black text in different fonts. It reads [UAW SUPPORTS / JOBS / EDUCATION / HOUSING / MEDICAL CARE / GUARANTEED INCOME / FOR EVERY AMERICAN].
- There are more people in the water in the background. There is also a crowd of people on the sidewalks in front of some trees.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Laura Jones, Canadian American, born 1948
- Subject of
- Poor People's Campaign, American, 1967 - 1968
- The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW), American, ca. 1955
- June 19, 1968
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Laura Jones
- H x W: 7629 pixels × 5070 pixels (7629 × 5070 cm)
- digital images
- digital media - born analog