Placard stating "I AM A MAN" carried by Arthur J. Schmidt in 1968 Memphis March
- A white poster with black lettering used by Arthur J. Schmidt during the 1968 Memphis March. The poster reads "I / AM / A MAN." There is a small Allied Printing Trades Council union bug in black ink at bottom center. The back of the poster is blank.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Printed by
- Used by
- Arthur J. Schmidt, American
- Subject of
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., American, 1929 - 1968
- Allied Printing Trades Council, founded 1911
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Arthur J. "Bud" Schmidt
- ink on poster board
- H x W x D: 21 1/2 × 14 1/16 in. (54.6 × 35.7 cm)
- placards (information artifacts)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.