Placard stating "I AM A MAN" carried by Arthur J. Schmidt in 1968 Memphis March
- A white poster with black lettering used by Arthur J. Schmidt during the 1968 Memphis March. The poster reads "I / AM / A MAN." A small allied printing label is stamped on the bottom of the front of the poster at center in black ink. The back of the poster is blank.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Printed by
- Allied Printing Trades Council, founded 1911
- Used by
- Arthur J. Schmidt, American
- Subject of
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., American, 1929 - 1968
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Arthur J. "Bud" Schmidt
- ink on poster board
- H x W x D: 21 1/2 × 14 1/16 in. (54.6 × 35.7 cm)
- placards (information artifacts)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.