- A color digital print photograph of Public Enemy. The photograph features, from left to right, S1W, Professor Griff, Terminator X, and Chuck D. S1W are dressed in black fatigues and black berets, and stand in front of a wall with graffiti that reads: [Don't Beleeve (sic) The Hype]. Professor Griff, wearing black fatigues and a red beret, and Terminator X, wearing a Boston Celtics sweat suit, stand in front of S1W. Chuck D stands in the foreground of the photograph wearing an Oakland Raiders jacket. The back of the photograph has a Jack Mitchell stamp with the number .
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Jack Mitchell, American, 1925 - 2013
- Subject of
- Public Enemy, American, founded 1982
- September 1988; printed 1990s
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of the Jack Mitchell Archives
- ink on paper
- H x W (Image): 12 7/16 × 15 3/16 in. (31.6 × 38.6 cm)
- H x W (Sheet): 12 15/16 × 19 1/16 in. (32.9 × 48.4 cm)
- inkjet prints
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.