Peach dress and belt worn by Oprah Winfrey on The Oprah Winfrey Show
- This peach dress (a) and pleated chiffon belt (b) were designed by L'Wren Scott and worn by Oprah Winfrey during the series finale of The Oprah Winfrey Show in May 2011. The dress is made from a peach twill silk and has a fitted bodice that ends at the natural waist. A band of self-fabric piping trims the scoop neckline. The sleeves are 3/4 length and straight cut. A band of self-fabric decorative piping is sewn near the hem of the sleeves. The pencil skirt falls to the mid-calf and has a 5 1/2-inch slit at the center back. The dress closes at the center back with a metal zipper painted peach to match the fabric, which extends from the neckline to the lower back. One (1) metal hook-and-eye is sewn above the zipper. The interior bodice and skirt of the dress are lined with a cream mesh synthetic fabric, while the sleeves are not lined. A length of peach thread is sewn at each interior top shoulder that can be closed with one (1) small metal snap each. The hem of the skirt is turned to the interior and edged with peach lace on the seam. The hem of the skirt lining is edged in cream lace. A white rectangular fabric label with plum embroidery reading "L'Wren Scott" is sewn at the interior proper left back side below the neckline.
- This pleated chiffon belt accompanies the peach dress (a). The chiffon fabric is dyed in an ombre ranging from peach to mauve. The waistband of the belt is faced in the chiffon with only the peach to pale pink ombre. It closes at the proper right front side with three (3) flat metal hook-and-eyes and one (1) metal snap. The closure is behind a stiff rectangular material covered in the peach chiffon. Extending below the closure are three tiered flounces of the pleated chiffon featuring the full range of ombre colors. The interior of the waistband is lined in the same peach fabric used for the dress (a). Four (4) pieces of vertically-oriented boning are sewn inside the lining at intervals around the waistband. A white rectangular fabric label with plum embroidery reading "L'Wren Scott" is sewn at the interior proper left side.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Designed by
- L'Wren Scott, American, 1964 - 2014
- Worn by
- Oprah Winfrey, American, born 1954
- Subject of
- Harpo, Inc., American, founded 1986
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Oprah Winfrey
- a: silk twill, synthetic fiber, and metal fasteners;
- b: silk chiffon, silk twill, and metal fasteners
- H x W x D ((ab) on form): 43 1/2 × 26 × 14 in. (110.5 × 66 × 35.6 cm)
- H x W ((b) flat): 29 × 41 1/4 in. (73.7 × 104.8 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.