- An unframed painted portrait of J Dilla by Norman F. Dexter AKA SelahVision Soul of the Brush. The painting features an image of Dilla wearing a white shirt, black cap, and gold necklace with stones embedded in the painted surface. White doves appear behind him in a sky painted in tones of red and gold. A cityscape is in the lower foreground.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Norman F. Dexter
- Subject of
- J Dilla, American, 1974 - 2006
- 2006 - 2012
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Norman F. Dexter AKA Selah - Soul of the Brush
- oil paint on canvas with stones
- H x W: 48 × 36 in. (121.9 × 91.4 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.