- A black-and-white photograph of the hip hop artist, Big Boi (Antwan André Patton), of Outkast. Big Boi, pictured center, is posing facing the viewer. He is wearing a Fila track suit, a necklace with a large pendant, and a baseball cap with a depiction of a Native American on the front panel. Big Boi’s proper left hand is held at his side, while his proper right hand is raised, with his thumb and index fingers pinching the visor of his cap. On the back is an inscription written by Bill Adler with the subject and photographer's name.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Janette Beckman, English, born 1950
- Subject of
- Big Boi, American, born 1975
- Outkast, American, founded 1992
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Sheet): 14 × 11 in. (35.6 × 27.9 cm)
- H x W (Image): 12 3/4 × 10 3/8 in. (32.4 × 26.4 cm)
- gelatin silver prints
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.