- A black-and-white photograph of Grandmaster Flash onstage at The Ritz nightclub in New York City. Flash is viewed from above the camera, standing with his left hand on his left hip and looking out over his left shoulder. He wears light-colored pants with dark stripes down the side, a studded belt with handcuffs, a dark and light-colored jacket, and a dark-colored hat. Another performer and the stage lights are visible behind him.
- On the verso is an adhesive label with the Eyejammie.com logo and [Title: Grandmaster Flash Onstage at The Ritz / Photographer: Harry Allen] printed in black text.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Harry Allen, American, born 1964
- Subject of
- Grandmaster Flash, American, born 1958
- The Ritz, American, 1980 - early 1990s
- early 1980s
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Sheet): 19 13/16 × 15 15/16 in. (50.4 × 40.5 cm)
- H x W (Image): 17 15/16 × 12 1/16 in. (45.5 × 30.7 cm)
- gelatin silver prints
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.