- A black-and-white photographic print of Russell Morrison and Sister Rosetta Tharpe. Russell Morrison is pictured on right side of the image. He is wearing a dark colored suit and a square patterned shirt. He is holding a cigarette in his right hand and has his left hand around Sister Rosetta Tharpe’s shoulder. Tharpe is seated in the right side of the image. She is wearing a light colored lace dress and is holding a light colored guitar on her knee. She is looking up toward Morrison and smiling. Printed in black text beneath the image is [SISTER ROSETTA THARPE / R. MORRISON, MGR. 1102 W. MASTER ST./ PHILA., PA.]. There are no inscriptions, front or back.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Subject of
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe, American, 1915 - 1973
- Russell Morrison, American
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Gayle Wald
- ink on paper
- H x W (image): 9 7/16 × 7 1/2 in. (24 × 19 cm)
- H x W (sheet): 10 9/16 × 8 5/16 in. (26.8 × 21.1 cm)
- black-and-white photographs
- photographic prints
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.