Chef jacket worn by Leah Chase
- A red double-breasted chef jacket worn by Leah Chase. The jacket is long sleeved with two pockets on either side of the waist. It is fastened with two rows of six red buttons on the front of the jacket and has a mandarin collar. Yellow embroidery on the PL breast reads [Leah Chase] in script. The manufacturer's tag is sewn at the back of the neck.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Chefwear, American, founded 1990
- Owned by
- Leah Chase, American, 1923 - 2019
- ca. 2012
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Dooky Chase's Restaurant and Chef Leah Chase
- cotton (textile)
- H x W (Laid Flat): 29 1/8 × 31 1/2 in. (74 × 80 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.