Portrait print of Martin Luther King, Jr. from Mae's Millinery Shop
- Framed portrait of Martin Luther King, Jr. Frame is black with gold detail surrounding the inner edge. Image shows King, Jr. in dark suit and tie. Tie is pinstriped blue and white with white polka dots. Along the bottom of the image is a small horizontal white band with black cursive text reading "We Shall Overcome". The print is covered in plastic within the frame.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Owned by
- Mae Reeves, American, 1912 - 2016
- Subject of
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., American, 1929 - 1968
- Mae's Millinery Shop, American, 1941 - 1994
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Mae Reeves and her children, Donna Limerick and William Mincey, Jr.
- lithographic ink on paper
- H x W x D (framed): 14 15/16 x 12 x 15/16 in. (37.9 x 30.5 x 2.4 cm)