- An ampex microphone pre amp with a white and black label reading: . The pre amp features a small meter at center behind a glass front. It also features various black dials and metal switches. An ampex manufacturers tag on back of pre amp reads: [AMPEX / CAT. NO. 02-30960-11 / SCHEM. 84-0070 / CONT. NO. 29723 / PROTECTED BY U. S. AND FOREIGN PATENTS].
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Ampex, American, 1944 - 2014
- Owned by
- Bo Diddley, American, 1928 - 2008
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- metal , plastic and glass
- H x W x D: 7 × 19 × 9 3/4 in. (17.8 × 48.3 × 24.8 cm)
- audio equipment
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.