Transformation "Blue Horse"
- The work consists of a life-size blue fiberglass sculpture of a horse. The horse's left flank exposes a cavity filled with six (6) yellow bicycle wheels. Attached to the horse's back are a fuchsia pink bicycle seat and handlebars, the handlebars attached at the withers, and the bicycle seat attached at the hindquarters. Painted onto the horse's left hindquarter in white is the number , and the horse's left back leg is painted gold. Faux fur is attached to the sculpture in several places, including at the top of the horse's head, the tail, and the proper right front and rear fetlocks, just above the hooves. Black yarn is wrapped around the proper left front and rear fetlocks. The artwork is attached to a self base that has four (4) double wheels, one at each corner.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- B.K. Adams, American, born 1972
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of B.K. Adams - I AM ART
- mixed media: fiberglass, artificial resin, burlap, foil, metal, acrylic paint, wood, polyurethane foam, imitation fur, vinyl and yarn
- H x W x D: 87 × 34 1/2 × 84 in. (221 × 87.6 × 213.4 cm)
- Overall with Weight: 243 lb. (110.2 kg)
- mixed media