Tweeter box speakers used as part of a DJ setup
- Tweeter box speakers. The tweeters or speakers, five in total, are surrounded by a leather box. The top of the box has a handle and each corner of the box is protected by a metal edge. The tweeters run across the front of the he box. Each tweeter is fastened to the box on their edges by four screws. Some of the tweeters are missing their screws. The speaker box is all black with some metal that is silver in color. The back of the box is all leather and has panel that is secured by staples. The panel has a cut-out towards the proper right that has three input or output holes. The speaker’s leather is cracked and has frayed edges.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Used by
- Angelo T. King, American, born 1959
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Angelo T. King / The Original DJ Tony Tone AKA Tony Crush of The Cold Crush Brothers
- leather and plastic and metal
- H x W x D: 6 1/2 × 18 1/2 × 8 3/4 in., 9 lb. (16.5 × 47 × 22.2 cm, 4.1 kg)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.