Broadside for the musical drama "Out of Bondage"
- A broadside advertising the musical drama "Out of Bondage", the first play about slavery with an African-American cast. It features the cast, and a synopsis of the three acts that make up the play. The broadside has some slight wear and is affixed to a piece of paper. There is an inscription on the front of the broadside that reads: [Sept. 10th].
- Transcription Center Status
- Transcribed by digital volunteers
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Subject of
- Anna Madah Hyers, American, 1855 - 1929
- Emma Louise Hyers, American, 1857 - 1901
- Hyers Sisters, American, 1867 - ca. 1900
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- ink on paper
- H x W: 8 3/4 x 3 7/8 in. (22.2 x 9.8 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.