Crowd outside Lorraine Motel after the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- A black-and-white photograph of a large crowd gathered outside the Lorraine Motel after the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. Microphones and speakers are set up on the crowded second story balcony. A few members of CBS News have set up on the roof.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Dr. Ernest C. Withers, American, 1922 - 2007
- May 2, 1968
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Image): 14 1/4 x 17 13/16 in. (36.2 x 45.2 cm)
- H x W (Sheet): 16 x 19 7/8 in. (40.6 x 50.5 cm)
- gelatin silver prints