Daguerreotype of a woman with a child on her lap
- Daguerreotype of a woman wearing a floral checked patterned blouse. The woman looks straight ahead at the camera and holds a baby on her lap. The baby wears a dress with a light colored dot pattern. The portrait is in front of a plain grey background. The daguerreotype is an a black painted wood frame with decorative painted gold edging in the center around the photograph. The back of the frame features a carved scroll and floral motif. The paint has worn off at the raised edges of the design.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Subject of
- Unidentified Woman or Women
- Unidentified Child or Children
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- silver on copper photographic plates with wood
- H x W x D: 3 11/16 × 3 1/4 × 1/2 in. (9.4 × 8.3 × 1.3 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.