- A black-and-white photograph of a female construction working wearing a hard hat and holding a flag in her right hand. The flag is pointed towards the street while her left hand is raised and gesturing. A man walking on a sidewalk in front of a store window can be seen in the background. The photograph is stamped on the back with the photographer's name.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Milton Williams, American, born 1940
- Subject of
- Unidentified Woman or Women
- Unidentified Man or Men
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Milton Williams Archives
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Sheet): 8 3/16 × 5 in. (20.8 × 12.7 cm)
- gelatin silver prints
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.