- A Gibson ES-350T semi-acoustic guitar named Maybellene. The wood is light, and the tuning keys are damaged. A black and orange label with the serial number (A33643) and where the guitar was made (Kalamazoo, MI) can be seen through one of the F-holes. The case is treated canvas on wood with velvet lining.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Gibson Guitar Corp., American, founded 1894
- Owned by
- Chuck Berry, American, 1926 - 2017
- Subject of
- Chess Records, American, founded 1950
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Donation of Charles E. Berry
- wood and metal
- 41 x 17 x 4 in. (104.1 x 43.2 x 10.2 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.