Promotional card for a piano recital given by Eunice Waymon (Nina Simone)
- An advertising card for a piano recital performed by Eunice Waymon, later known as Nina Simone, at age 21. The grey card is rectangular with rounded corners and is printed in black ink. The text on the front of the card reads: [IN RECITAL... / EUNICE WAYMON, PIANIST / NEW CENTURY AUDITORIUM / One Twenty-four Sourth Twelfth Street / Friday Evening, February 19, 1954 / at 8:30 o'clock / SUBSCRIPTION (INCLUDING TAX) $1.30 / SPONSORS / Philadelphia Branch N.A.N.M., Inc. / and Young People's Music Club]. The back of the card has no marks, printing, or inscriptions.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Printed by
- Subject of
- Nina Simone, American, 1933 - 2003
- National Association of Negro Musicians, Inc., founded 1919
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- ink on paper
- H x W: 2 1/4 x 3 7/8 in. (5.7 x 9.8 cm)
- advertising cards
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.