- A pair of pink and white Baby Phat brand sneakers with the name "Mc Lyte" printed in pink in front of the lacing. The toe is made of white leather with perforations with the vamp and the heel cap also of white leather. The words "baby phat" are embroidered in pink on the outside vamp. The Baby Phat cat logo is printed on the center back heel with the text "kimora lee simmons" below it. Bubblegum pink faux reptile skin is sewn around the toe cap and in a panel that borders the heel cap. The tongue is faced in white leather and lined in white nylon, with the Baby Phat logo printed in pink at the top of the tongue. The shoes lace with bubblegum pink nylon laces with clear plastic aglets. White rubber is attached around the bottom of the uppers, and the shoes have pink outer soles with the Baby Phat cat logo in white on the center bottom. The interior of the uppers are lined with white nylon. The insole is lined with a cheetah print fabric and a pink tag with white embroidered text reading "baby phat / kimora lee simmons" is sewn near the heel.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Baby Phat, American, founded 1998
- Designed by
- Kimora Lee Simmons, American, born 1975
- Owned by
- MC Lyte, American, born 1971
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of MC Lyte
- leather, rubber, plastic, and nylon shoelaces with plastic aglets
- H x W x D (left shoe (a)): 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 × 11 3/4 in. (11.4 × 9.5 × 29.8 cm)
- H x W x D (right shoe (b)): 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 × 11 3/4 in. (11.4 × 9.5 × 29.8 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.