Photograph of Political Forum reception with Charles Diggs and J. Ernest Wilkins
- This photograph is part of a scrapbook that was compiled in 1956 and 1957 by Frances Albrier during her term as president of the San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). The scrapbook highlights the Chapter’s efforts to register voters and educate Bay Area residents on the importance of voting as a part of the Citizenship Education Project which was jointly sponsored by the NCNW and the National Urban League.
- A black-and-white photograph of a reception held by the San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women following the Sun-Reporter's Political Forum. Pictured are members of the NCNW with Rep. Charles Diggs and J. Ernest Wilkins. The typewritten caption below the photograph reads, "NCNW Members honor Hon. J. Ernest Wilkins Rep. Charles C. Diggs at a reception following mass meeting." The photograph and caption are adhered to page 36 of Frances Albrier's scrapbook (2010.60.1).
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Subject of
- Frances M. Albrier, American, 1898 - 1987
- Charles Diggs, American, 1922 - 1998
- J. Ernest Wilkins Sr., American, 1894 - 1959
- October 14, 1956
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Frances Albrier Collection
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W: 8 x 10 in. (20.3 x 25.4 cm)
- gelatin silver prints