Newspaper clipping describing the participants in the NCNW motorcade
- This document is part of a scrapbook that was compiled in 1956 and 1957 by Frances Albrier during her term as president of the San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). The scrapbook highlights the Chapter’s efforts to register voters and educate Bay Area residents on the importance of voting as a part of the Citizenship Education Project which was jointly sponsored by the NCNW and the National Urban League.
- This short news clipping describes the Greek-letter and civic organizations that participated in the Citizen Education Project motorcade on September 8, 1956. The clipping is taped to the lower half of the tenth page in Frances Albrier's scrapbook (2010.60.1).
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- The Sun-Reporter, American, founded 1944
- Subject of
- Frances M. Albrier, American, 1898 - 1987
- San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women, founded 1945
- National Council of Negro Women, founded 1935
- September 15, 1956
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Frances Albrier Collection
- ink on newsprint
- H x W: 1 1/8 × 4 3/4 in. (2.9 × 12.1 cm)