Photograph of Mae Reeves and a young boy at her hat shop
- A black-and-white photograph of Mae Reeves sitting next to a small boy. She wears a light colored silk dress and flower in her hair. The boy stands very close on her right and wears a suit jacket and tie. The room is decorated with flowers and potted plants. The boy is possibly William "Sonny" Mincey Jr., who would have been about 10 at the time.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Photograph by
- Subject of
- Mae Reeves, American, 1912 - 2016
- Unidentified Child or Children
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift from Mae Reeves and her children, Donna Limerick and William Mincey, Jr.
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Image): 2 1/4 x 2 1/8 in. (5.7 x 5.4 cm)
- H x W (Sheet): 2 11/16 x 2 1/2 in. (6.8 x 6.4 cm)
- gelatin silver prints