Robbing the Eagle's Nest
- A view of the Ohio River Valley done in the American Romantic style of the Hudson River School. The painting features an eagle soaring by the face of a cliff. The inclusion of figures is rare in Duncanson's work.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Robert S. Duncanson, American, 1821 - 1872
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- oil on canvas , wood
- H x W (unframed): 36 × 46 1/8 in. (91.4 × 117.2 cm)
- Storage: 142.2 × 167.6 × 33 cm (56 × 66 × 13 in.)
- H x W x D (framed): 46 1/4 × 56 × 3 1/8 in. (117.5 × 142.2 × 8 cm)
- oil paintings
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.