Signed guitar and case owned by James Brown
- An Epiphone guitar and a TKL Products Corp. case owned by James Brown. The six-string acoustic guitar is Epiphone model EJ-200NA and has a maple body and a spruce top and neck. The guitar also features gold colored metal hardware and a set maple neck with a crown inlay on a rosewood fingerboard. The serial number of the guitar is Y207183. The guitar is inscribed and signed by several famous individuals in black permanent marker on the front, sides and back of the body. All of the messages are to James Brown and offer praise and thanks. Two of the individuals who signed the guitar are Casey Kasem and Ozzy Osbourne.
- The guitar case is black with a black cloth lined interior. The clasp and hinges are made of brass colored metal. The TKL Products Corp. logo is on the outside of the case next to the handle. A logo is also on the inside of the case next to the top hinge where the guitar’s neck would be placed.
- Transcription Center Status
- Transcribed by Digital Volunteers
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Epiphone Guitar Corp., American, founded 1873
- TKL Products Corp., American, founded 1984
- Owned by
- James Brown, American, 1933 - 2006
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- a: maple, spruce, rosewood, metal, plastic, paper, ink;
- b: plastic, metal, cloth
- guitar: 41 1/2 × 16 3/4 × 4 7/8 in. (105.4 × 42.5 × 12.4 cm)
- guitar case: 46 × 19 1/4 × 6 3/8 in. (116.8 × 48.9 × 16.2 cm)
- cases (containers)
- musical instruments
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.