Sunglasses, Paragon StratEx Suit
- On October 24, 2014, Dr. Alan Eustace used a state-of-the-art pressure suit assembly to ascend to the top of the stratosphere beneath a large plastic balloon and sky dive back to Earth. He reportedly reached a maximum altitude of 135,889 feet.
- These glasses were worn by Eustace during his jump. Eustace wore the Adidas Elevation Climacool sunglasses to protect his eyes from harmful UV light. These sunglasses use a ventilation system that prevents fogging by managing air flow via special vents on the pad.
- The Eustace-Kwan family donated this item along with the suit to the Museum in 2015.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- Credit Line
- Gift of Alan Eustace
- plastic, elastic
- 3-D: 21.6 × 15.2 × 5.1cm (8 1/2 × 6 × 2 in.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Special Devices