- Physical Description
- Portrait of Eileen Collins
- Color Photograph
- Approx 24"x24"
- Eileen Collins became the first woman to pilot the Space Shuttle (Discovery in 1995) and the first woman to command a shuttle mission (Columbia in 1999). Renowned portrait photographer Annie Leibovitz portrays Collins during training at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- Annie Leibovitz
- Credit Line
- Gift of Annie Leibovitz.
- Photograph of Eileen Collins
- 2-D - In Frame (H x W x D): 88.6 x 88.3 x 1cm (34 7/8 x 34 3/4 x 3/8 in.)
- ART-Photographic Art
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.