- Physical Description
- United States flag carried and flown by a C-17 in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom.
- In response to the 9/11 attacks, the United States Air Force conducted a variety of missions in support of counter-terrorism operations in the skies over Afghanistan. On of the more unique of these missions was the airdrop of over 1 million Humanitarian Daily Rations (HDRs) to innocent Afghans. This flag was carried on board a C-17 transport aircraft that was participated in one of these humanitarian missions.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- Credit Line
- Gift of the United States Air Force.
- Cloth, Nylon.
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 91.4 × 152.4cm (3 × 5 ft.)
- 3-D (folded): 27.3 × 57.1 × 4.4cm (10 3/4 in. × 1 ft. 10 1/2 in. × 1 3/4 in.)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.