Film Magazine, Maurer, 16mm, Apollo 11
- The Apollo 11 command module "Columbia" was equipped with a Maurer automatic 16mm data acquisition camera (DAC), designed to operate at several speeds while documenting technical aspects of the mission. On this film magazine, the crew recorded their reentry into Earth's atmosphere. These films, lacking sound, were analyzed post-flight for engineering studies and became part of the visual record of the mission with clips appearing in historical reviews of the mission's success.
- NASA transferred this magazine to the Museum in 1970.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- J. A. Maurer, Inc.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- Anodized aluminum, stainless steel, steel, paint, plastic, brass, synthetic fabric paint, Velcro, adhesive
- Overall: 5 1/2in. x 3 5/8in. x 1in. (13.97 x 9.21 x 2.54cm)