Sunglasses, Apollo, Training
- These sunglasses were part of the emergency/survival rucksack of an Apollo spacecraft. They are made of ultra-violet filtering plastic and coated nylon, and when fitted in place with an elastic band, provided the astronauts with the maximum amount of eye protection.
- This item was not flown. It was transferred from NASA to the Smithsonian in 1978.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- NASA Manned Spacecraft Center, Crew Systems Division
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the NASA - Johnson Space Center
- 3-D: 0.6 × 26 × 6.3cm (1/4 × 10 1/4 × 2 1/2 in.)