Sunglasses, Apollo, Training
- These sunglasses were part of the emergency/survival rucksack of an Apollo spacecraft. They are made of ultra-violet filtering plastic and coated nylon, and when fitted in place with an elastic band, provided the astronauts with the maximum amount of eye protection.
- This item was not flown. It was transferred to the Smithsonian in 1978.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- NASA Manned Spacecraft Center, Crew Systems Division
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the NASA - Johnson Space Center
- Side portions: Orange, plasticized nylon
- Lenses: Green plastic
- Closures: Elastic and Velcro
- 3-D: 20.3 x 1.3 x 6.4cm (8 x 1/2 x 2 1/2 in.)