Coat, Service, Enlistedman, Japanese Army Air Force
- Physical Description
- Japanese Army Air Force (JAAF) olive drab wool service coat; 2 upper patch pockets with box pleat and button flap; 2 lower patch pockets with button flap; 5 bamboo buttons down front with gold paint, cherry blossom carved on button; blue piping on epaulets; sergeant major rank insignia on collar.
- This is an example of a standard issue Japanese Army Air Forces enlisted man’s service coat used during World War II. This particular jacket was worn by a probationary-cadet pilot but no further information is available.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- Credit Line
- Donated by Mr. Richard Nolte
- Overall: Wool
- Clothing (On Mannequin): 67.3 x 49.5 x 15.2cm (26 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 6 in.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Uniforms: Military