Boot, Left, G-4-C, Schirra, Gemini 6
- This is the left boot from the Gemini G3-C spacesuit that was made for and worn by astronaut Walter "Wally" Schirra, Commander of the Gemini VI mission in December 1965.
- The G3-C suit was only made in the Intra-Vehicular configuration, and consisted of five major componenets: the main torso, helmet, boots, gloves and neck seal. Additionally, Schirra wore a constant wear garment and life vest assembly. The suit permitted freedom of movement, and was equipped with communication and bio-medical transmission equipment.
- NASA transferred this suit and its components to the Museum in 1968.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- David Clark Company, Inc.
- Walter M. Schirra, Jr.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA Manned Spacecraft Center
- Nylon, brass, leather, rubber (silicone), phenolic resin, cotton, steel, neoprene-coated nylon, synthetic fabric, velcro
- Clothing: 30.5 x 11.4 x 24.1cm (12 in. x 4 1/2 in. x 9 1/2 in.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Footwear