- This urine accumulator bag was part of the personal hygiene equipment issued to astronaut John Glenn on his Friendship 7 flight in February 1962, and is made of latex rubber. Though it was flown on this mission, it was never used and was transferred to the National Air and Space Museum in 1967.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- John H. Glenn, Jr.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- 3-D: 23.7 × 3 × 17cm (9 5/16 × 1 3/16 × 6 11/16 in.)
- 3-D (Unfolded): 37.5 × 56.5 × 2.5cm (1 ft. 2 3/4 in. × 1 ft. 10 1/4 in. × 1 in.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Hygiene & Waste Management
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.