Kit, First Aid, Mercury, Glenn, Friendship 7
- This first aid kit was part of the equipment assigned to John Glenn for his historic Friendship 7 mission in February, 1962.
- The kit is small, and contained minor first aid supplies for use in the event of a minor mishap.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- John H. Glenn, Jr.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- Case: Aluminized nylon, polyester
- Scissors: Chromed steel
- Cords: Plastic-coated copper
- Overall: 9 1/2in. x 2 1/4in. x 1in. (24.1 x 5.7 x 2.5cm)
- 3-D (Scissors): 21.5 × 8.5 × 1cm (8 7/16 × 3 3/8 × 3/8 in.)
- 3-D (Kit): 24.5 × 6.5 × 3cm (9 5/8 × 2 9/16 × 1 3/16 in.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Medical
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.