Boot, Right, Mercury, Glenn, Friendship 7
- These boots were worn by John Glenn during his historic orbital flight in February 1962. The boots were lightweight, flexible, nylon-fabric boots with tennis-shoe-type soles and were worn over the inner gas retention layer of the the spacesuit.
- Data Source
- National Air and Space Museum
- B. F. Goodrich Co.
- John H. Glenn, Jr.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA Headquarters
- Exterior upper: Aluminized nylon
- Exterior Sole: Rubber
- Lining: Nylon
- Webbing: Nylon
- Buckles: Steel
- Zipper: Brass, cotton webbing
- Clothing: 30.5 × 10.2 × 22.9cm, 0.9kg (12 × 4 × 9 in., 2lb.)
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Footwear