- M.E. Meyer, Switzerland, from 1960s
- Arnold Herstand Gallery, New York, to 22 April 1986
- Regents Collections Acquisition Program with Matching Funds from the Thomas M. Evans, Jerome L. Greene, Joseph H. Hirshhorn, and Sydney and Frances Lewis Purchase Fund, 1986
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Recent Acquisitions 1983-1986," 17 November 1986-1 March 1987, unpublished checklist.
- WHITNEY MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART, New York, "Isamu Noguchi: Master Sculptor," 28 October 2004-16 January 2005. TOUR: HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, 10 February-8 May 2005.
- SMITHSONIAN AMERICAN ART MUSEUM, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. Grand re-opening exhibition, 1 July 2006-4 July 2007.
- Published References
- UNSIGNED. "La Chronique des Arts: Principales Acquisitions des Musees en 1986," Gazette des Beaux-Arts no. 1418 (March 1987): no. 178, p. 29.
- ILSE-NEWMAN, URSULA. Jewelry of Ideas: The Susan Grant Lewin Collection (New York: Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, 2017), fig. 4a (color), p. 11.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Isamu Noguchi, American, b. Los Angeles, California, 1904–1988
- (1947/cast 1963)
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Regents Collections Acquisition Program and Thomas M. Evans, Jerome L. Greene, Joseph H. Hirshhorn, and Sydney and Frances Lewis Purchase Fund, 1986
- Bronze and steel wire on stone base
- 85 x 24 1/8 x 26 7/8 in. (215.9 x 61.3 x 68.3 cm) artist's base: 4 5/8 x 31 1/2 x 17 3/4 in. (11.7 x 80 x 45.1 cm)