- The artist
- Mary Callery (gift from the artist), 1940s
- Harold Diamond Gallery, New York, to 6 December 1968
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York and Washington, DC, 6 December 1968-31 August 1981
- (Estate of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1981-1986)
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- Exhibition History
- NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR, New York. 1939-40.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Selections from the Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest," 7 August-16 November 1986, no. 34.
- MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS OF TOKYO, JAPAN in collaboration with the INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE CENTER IN WASHINGTON, DC. "Visions of Tomorrow: New York and American Industrialization in the 1920's-1930's," cat. no. 13, p. 45. TOUR: ISETAN MUSEUM OF ART, Tokyo, Japan, 21 April-9 May 1988; DAIMARU MUSEUM OF ART, Osaka, Japan, 19 May-7 June 1988; FUKUOKA PREFECTURAL MUSEUM OF ART, Fukuoka, Japan, 15 June-15 August 1988; TOCHIGI PREFECTURAL MUSEUM OF FINE ART, Utsunomiya, Japan, 27 August-2 October 1988.
- NATIONAL GALLERY OF ART, Washington, DC. "O'Keeffe on Paper," 9 April-9 July 2000, cat. no. 42, p. 123. TOUR: GEORGIA O'KEEFFE MUSEUM, Santa Fe, NM, 25 July-9 November 2000.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Collection in Context: Metropolis in the Machine Age," 28 February-2 September 2002, no cat.
- Published References
- LYNES, BARBARA BUHLER. Georgia O'Keeffe: Catalogue Raisonne (New Haven and London: Yale University Press in association with the National Gallery of Art, Washington, and the Georgia O'Keeffe Foundation, Abiquiu, New Mexico, 1999): volume I, no. 803.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Georgia O'Keeffe, American, b. Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, 1887–1986
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, The Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- Charcoal on paper
- 24 3/8 × 18 1/2 in. (62 × 47 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.