- The artist
- Charles Prendergast, 1924
- Mrs. Charles (Eugenie) Prendergast, 1948
- [Wildenstein Gallery, New York?]
- [Babcock Galleries, New York, 1964?]
- Jerome Hill, by 1972
- Camargo Foundation (established by Jerome Hll and endowed with his art collection), to 2 December 1974
- Christie, Manson, and Woods, London, Sale, "Modern Paintings from the Colection of Jerome Hill, Sold by order of the Camargo Foundation," 2 December 1974
- Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 1974-1976 (?)
- Thomas M. Evans, New York, to 17 August 1977
- Gift of Thomas M. Evans, 1977
- Exhibition History
- THE WHITE HOUSE, Washington, DC. (Office Exhibition), April 1993-April 1999.
- VICE PRESIDENT'S RESIDENCE, Washington, DC. "Extended loan to the Vice President and Mrs. Cheney at the Residence" 14 May 2001- 12 January 2009
- Published References
- *from the Catalogue Raisonne:
- CHRISTIE'S, LONDON. Modern Paintings from the Collection of Jerome Hill. Sale Cornelia (2 December 1974), #7 ill.
- *from the old Hirshhorn records:
- GOLDIN, AMY. "How Are the Prendergasts Modern?" Art in America, 1976b, p. 61, ill, p. 65.
- CLARK, CAROL, et al. Maurice Brazil Prendergast, Charles Prendergast: A Catalogue Raisonne (Williamstown, MA: Williams College Museum of Art; Munich, Germany: Prestel, 1990): cat. no. 456, p.315.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Maurice Prendergast, American, b. St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, 1858–1924
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Thomas W. Evans, 1977
- Oil on canvas
- 26 3/8 x 30 1/8 in. (67 x 76.5 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.