- Robert S. Sloan Gallery, New York, to 1964
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 1964-17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Exhibition History
- FUNDACION JUAN MARCH, Madrid. "The Abstraction of Landscape: From Northern Romanticism to Abstract Expressionism," 5 October 2007-13 January 2008, no. 65, ill. p. 127.
- Published References
- MARTINEZ, BENJAMIN and JACQUELINE BLOCK. Visual Forces: An Introduction to Design 2nd ed. (New Jersey: Englewood Cliffs/Prentice Hall, 1995), fig. D, p. 71.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Albert Bierstadt, American, b. Solingen, Germany, 1830–1902
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Oil on fiberboard
- 9 1/2 x 13 in. (24.0 x 32.8 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.