- Exhibition History
- MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, Department of Circulating Exhibitions, New York. "Calligraphic and Geometric: Two Linear Tendencies in Recent American Painting." Tour: SKIDMORE COLLEGE, Saratoga Springs, New York, 30 October-20 November 1950; ART MUSEUM OF NEW BRITAIN INSTITUTE, New Britain, Connecticut, 4-25 December 1950; NORTH DAKOTA AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE, Fargo, 8-29 January 1951; MACMURRAY COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, Jacksonville, Illinois, 12 February-5 March; SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, Carbondale, 19 March-9 April; UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA, Winnipeg, Canada, 5-26 November; MICHIGAN STATE COLLEGE, East Lansing, 3-24 January 1952; VASSAR COLLEGE, Poughkeepsie, New York, 7-28 February; UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Chapel Hill, 13 March-3 April; GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Atlanta, 17 April-8 May; TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, Fort Worth, 2-23 June; SMITH COLLEGE MUSEUM OF ART, Northampton, Massachusetts, 22 September-12 October; BINGHAMTON MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, New York, 26 October-16 November; CORLETON COLLEGE, Northfield, Minnesota, 1-22 December; BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY, Ohio, 4-25 January 1953; UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, 8 February-1 March; UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA, Norman, 14 March-4 April; THE PARTHENON, Nashville, 19 April-8 May; Chattanooga Art Association, Hunter Gallery of Art, Chattanooga, Tenn., May 22–June 12, 1953; Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill., October 20–November 10, 1953; College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va., November 24–December 14, 1953; Willard Straight Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y., December 28–January 18, 1953; State University of New York, Teachers College, Oswego, N.Y., February 1–22, 1954; Currier Gallery of Art, Manchester, N.H., March 8–29, 1954; Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Mass., April 12–May 2, 1954.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Easton Pribble, American, b. Falmouth, Kentucky, 1917–2003
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Oil on board
- 15 5/8 x 26 in. (39.7 x 66 cm)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.