- Washington Irving Gallery, New York, to 9 January 1960
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 9 January 1960-17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 17 May 1966
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Inaugural Exhibition," 4 October 1974-15 September 1975.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington. DC. Kin and Communities: Selected Works from the Hirshhorn Museum Collection, 14 June-7 August 1977.
- WHITE HOUSE LOAN, Washington, DC. 29 April 1981-1988(?).
- TAMPA MUSEUM OF ART. At the Water's Edge: 19th and 20th Century American Beach Scenes, 9 December 1989-25 February 1990, ill. p. 78, p. 23, 35, 46, 124. TOUR: CENTER FOR THE ARTS, Vero Beach, FL, 4 May 1990-17 June 1990; CENTER FOR THE ARTS, Virginia Beach, VA, 8 July 1990-2 September 1990; ARKANSAS ART CENTER, Little Rock, AK, 8 November 1990-6 January 1991.
- THE VICE PRESIDENT'S MANSION, Washington, DC. May 1994-May 1995.
- Published References
- LERNER, ABRAM et al. The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (New York: Abrams, 1974) p. 736.
- HALLMARK CARDS. 1985 Mother's Day Greeting Card.
- ARONSON, JULIE, et al. ""Going to the Seashore Studying Figures in the Surf": Potthast and the Beach," Eternal Summer: The Art of Edward Henry Potthast (London: GILES, 2013), color ill., p. 60, fig. 46.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Edward Potthast, American, b. Cincinnati, Ohio, 1857–1927
- (c. 1916-1920)
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Oil on canvas
- 24 X 30 1/8 IN. (60.9 X 76.3 CM.)