- Hans Knoll
- Harold Diamond, New York, to 1 November 1962
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 1 November 1962-17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Exhibition History
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. Direct Carving in Modern Sculpture: Selections from the Museum's Collection, 6 October-27 November 1983, no. 32.
- ARTHUR M. SACKLER GALLERY, SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION, Washington, DC. "Isamu Noguchi and Modern Japanese Ceramics," 4 May - 7 September 2003. TOUR: JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM, Los Angeles, CA, February - 30 May 2004.
- Published References
- GROVE, NANCY, and DIANE BOTNICK. The Sculpture of Isamu Noguchi, 1924-1979: A Catalogue. (New York and London: Garland Publishing, 1980): no. 183, p. 32.
- LIEBSON, MILT. Direct Stone Sculpture: A Guide to Technique and Creativity (West Chester, Pennsylvania: Schiffer Publishing, 1991): ill. p. 45.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Isamu Noguchi, American, b. Los Angeles, California, 1904–1988
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- 8 7/8 × 9 3/8 × 8 in., 5 lb. (22.5 × 23.8 × 20.3 cm, 2.3 kg)