- Jon N. Streep, New York, to 1961
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 1961-17 May 1966
- Gift of the Joseph H. Hirshhorn Foundation, 1966
- Exhibition History
- MUSEE DES BEAUX-ARTS DE MONTREAL. "Expanding Horizons: Painting and Photography of American & Canadian Landscape 1860-1918," 18 June-27 September 2009, fig. 8, p. 46. TOUR: VANCOUVER ART GALLERY, 17 October-17 January 2010.
- SMITHSONIAN AMERICAN ART MUSEUM, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "The Great American Hall of Wonders: Art, Science, and Invention in the Nineteenth Century," 15 July 2011-8 January 2012, pp. 73-75, color ill.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- George Inness, American, b. Newburgh, New York, 1825–1894
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of the Joseph H. Hirshhorn Foundation, 1966
- Oil on canvas
- 45 1/ 4 x 70 1/8 in. (114.9 x 177.9 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.