Portrait of Lillian Hammit (Girl in a Big Hat)
- M. Knoedler & Co., New York, to 1961
- Published References
- HENDRICKS, GORDON. The Life and Work of Thomas Eakins (New York: Grossman Publishers, 1974), no. 69, ill. p. 322.
- WILMERDING, JOHN. Lens on American Art: The Depiction and Role of Eyeglasses (NewYork: Rizzoli Electa, 2020), no. 32 (color), p. 75.
- Data Source
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Thomas Eakins, American, b. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1844–1916
- (c. 1888)
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Oil on canvas
- 24 1/8 x 20 1/8 in. (61 x 50.9 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.