Head of a guardian lion
- Previous custodian or owner
- Victor and Takako Hauge (American (1919-2013, 1923-2015))
- From at least 1973 to 2005
- Mr. and Mrs. Victor Hauge 
- From 2005
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Hauge in 2005
-  Object file.
- Acquired while Mr. and Mrs. Osborne and Gratia Hauge were living in Bangkok (1967-1972 or 1973).
- They were visited on various occasions by Victor and Taka Hauge.
- Major sources of acquisitions during this time were dealers in Bangkok, the weekend market in Bangkok, and vendors in Ayutthaya.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 7th-10th century
- Dvaravati period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Osborne and Gratia Hauge, and Victor and Takako Hauge
- H x W x D: 15.5 × 13.2 × 6.3 cm (6 1/8 × 5 3/16 × 2 1/2 in)