Pendant in the form of a tiger
- Previous custodian or owner
- Mrs. Christian R. Holmes (1871-1941)
- Dr. Arthur M. Sackler (1913-1987)
- From at least 1930
- Mrs. Christian R. Holmes (1871-1941), New York and "The Chimneys," Sands Point, Port Washington, Long Island, New York, from at least 1930 
- To 1987
- Dr. Arthur M. Sackler (1913-1987), New York.
- From 1987
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of Dr. Arthur M. Sackler on September 11, 1987 
-  According to Otto Kümmel, Jörg Trübner zum Gedächtnis: Ergebnisse seiner letzten chinesischen Reisen (Berlin, Klinkhardt & Biermann Verlag, 1930), p. 60, pl. 30e.
-  Pursuant to the agreement between Arthur M. Sackler and the Smithsonian Institution, dated July 28, 1982, legal title of the donated objects was transferred to the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery on September 11, 1987.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- ca. 1300-ca. 1050 BCE
- Late Shang dynasty
- Credit Line
- Gift of Arthur M. Sackler
- Jade (nephrite)
- H x W x D: 4.5 x 9.4 x 0.6 cm (1 3/4 x 3 11/16 x 1/4 in)
- Jewelry and Ornament
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.