Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami (d.1209); Bahram Gur and the Princess in the Sandalwood Pavilion
- Previous custodian or owner
- Henri Vever (1854-1942)
- Francois Mautin (French, born 1907)
- Unidentified sale, no. 68 
- To 1942
- Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, to 1942 
- From 1942 to 1986
- Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France 
- From 1986
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France 
-  See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 412.
-  See Glenn D. Lowry et al., An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), pp. 236-239, no. 272.
-  See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 3.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 1645 (1055 A.H.)
- Safavid period
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Smithsonian Unrestricted Trust Funds, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program, and Dr. Arthur M. Sackler
- Ink, opaque watercolor and gold on paper
- H x W: 21.2 x 11.5 cm (8 3/8 x 4 1/2 in)